Hosting a Workshop
Bring the Beckman Oral Motor Assessment and Intervention workshop to your team! Learn over 50 specific intervention strategies for improving facial muscle functions for eating and speech.
- No hosting fees
- No travel - we come to you
- Flexible dates
- Techniques appropriate for all client populations.
This program is offered for 1.6 AOTA CEUs (Intermediate level; Performance Skills). Approved assignment of 1.6 CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, specific products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
This program is offered for 1.6 ASHA DEUs (Intermediate level; Professional area).
- What do hosts provide?
- Hosts need to provide proper space, suitable audio/visual equipment, as well as light snacks and drinks to cover four break times (AM and PM both days).
- What do hosts receive?
- Hosts receive three free registrations - a $1,500 value! Any therapist who has already taken the training can attend again free of charge as a lab assistant.
- Who can attend the course?
- Licensed speech and occupational therapists are the only professionals given a certificate of completion. if SLPA/COTA wish to attend, they need to attend with an SLP or OT.
- What does a lab assistant do?
- We use previously trained SLP/OTs to help the first timers with the hands-on demonstrations. It's okay if you feel rusty - this is a great opportunity to refresh your skills! Lab assistants' registration fees are waived. We issue CEUs, a new manual and tools to our assistants. Limited numbers of lab assistants needed per training. We plan for one lab assistant for every ten participants.
- What do attendees receive?
- Attendees receive a printed Beckman Oral Motor Assessment & Intervention manual, EZ Spoon, Tri-Chew and B-Pop. SLP/OTs receive a certificate of completion signed by Debra Beckman.
- How much space do we need to provide?
- Space must be able to hold a minimum of 50 people in tables and chairs. The participants need ample table space to practice the exercises, so auditorium seating is not appropriate.
- Do we need a minimum attendance?
- No. We reserve as many seats as you need for your team and sell the rest on our website.
- Are there fees for hosting?
- No, we do not charge any type of retainer, travel or speaking fee. Hosts are gifted three free registrations to the workshop in exchange for their hosting duties and hospitality. All other participants are charged the regular registration fee of $500. per person. There are no group or student discounts. Previously trained therapists can attend for fee as a lab assistant.
- When can we host.
- We typically book courses at least 4-6 months in advance. Please email email@example.com for our most current availability.